Use The Library
- You need a full service card to place a hold on an item.
- You can place holds on the website or by asking a staff member to place one for you.
- You will be notified by email when your hold is available.
- Holds are available for self-pickup at the library branch of your choice.
- You can get access to items that are not owned by the Chesapeake Public Library from other libraries.
- Place an Inter-Library Loan with a full service card.
- To use this service, go here.
- Materials are checked out for up to 2 weeks.
- You can check out up to 30 items on your library card (full service cards only).
- You can renew items twice.
- If an item has a hold on it, you are unable to renew it.
- You can renew your items by logging into your account on the library website or by calling the library.
- General Materials - $0.20 per day/$10.00 max per item.
- Inter-library Loan Materials - $0.50 per day/no maximum.
- You can pay your overdue fines online by logging into your library account.
- Library accounts are blocked from checking out or renewing items if fees are $5.00 or more.
- Library accounts are suspended for any fees or fines not paid in full after 90 days from the initial date of accrual.
- If you have any questions about your fees, please contact Patron Accounts at: (757) 410-7100.
- Printing is available from all public computers. Black & white prints are $0.20 each and color prints are $0.35 each.
- Copiers are available in all library branches. Black & white copies are $0.20 each and color copies are $0.35 each.